Sunday, March 17, 2013

Tim Holtz Tattered Florals

Yay for versatility!  I love my Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die, because you can get so many different looks from one die.  Like these, for example:




But today I want to focus on my favorite flowers to create lately, the melted or singed flower. 
Using synthetic fabric, I easily cut out several layers at one time.  For this flower, I used the large 6 petal flower, cut out a few different fabrics: tulle, organza and satin.  Then, I held each flower above a candle to singe the edges and cause them to curl up.  Super easy!  I layered the flowers, alternating fabrics and glued them together.  Added a little pearl center, and voila!  Super adorable, shabby flower to attach to a hair clip, headband or add a pin back.  Fun, easy and addictive to make!

Thanks for stopping by my much neglected blog!  I post more frequent updates on my YouTube channel. ;)
xoxo,
Amy





2 comments:

Gay Peplow said...

Gorgeous flowers, I love these! Well done :D

AkemiChikaa said...

so well done flowers >.<